I’m here to serve you, but it is useful for you to know a little about me.
I’m a lived in Nebraska all my life. Although I’m an Omaha resident, I’ve served clients throughout our state since 1982. My family’s roots extend to pre-statehood days.
I now limit my practice to estate and business planning, elder law, asset protection, long term care planning, probate and trust administration and Veterans and Medicaid benefits for seniors. Real estate is oftentimes involved in these cases and I am knowledgeable in that area of the law. I am the only attorney in Nebraska who does the In-Marriage QDRO®. My past experience of trying cases in state and federal court works to your advantage in many ways. I also served as an Administrative Law Judge for the Nebraska Department of Labor.
I came to realize the protecting one’s assets and passing them to family or charity in the quickest and most cost-effective way is a vital and important legal service. Most people need some estate planning and they don’t even know it. On top of that, many people have wrong information about this complex area of the law. I bust myths and correct disinformation.
Unlike many attorneys, my method of practice is client-centric. I listen to you. I take the time to learn about your family in planning your estate. I put your voice into your estate plan and draft a plan that solves your needs and in a cost-effective way.
I am the proud father of Jack, Mary and Grace Begley. I am an avid Creighton basketball fan and I follow Husker football. When I am not working, I enjoy reading and writing.
- Creighton University, J. D. (1982)
- Creighton University, M.B.A. (1997)
- Creighton University, B.A., (1979)
- State of Nebraska (1982)
- United States District Court for the District of Nebraska (1982)
- United States Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit (1985)
- United States Supreme Court (1988)
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- Lawyers with Purpose
- Accredited Attorney with the Department of Veterans Affairs
- Creighton Law Review
- Director of Barger Drone, LLC
- Director, Papio-Missouri River Natural Resources District (1989-92)